Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GM Buenaventura "Bong" Villamayor, a Filipino live chess game commentator


Coach GM Buenaventura Villamayor and GM Wesley So at the 2008 World Youth Chess Olympiad where the Philippines finished 3rd overall behind powerhouse India (1st) and Russia (2nd)


ChessHeroes is very pleased to announce that GM Buenaventura "Bong" Villamayor will be one of the live commentator for Chessdom in the games of Wesley So in Corus B this coming January 16-31 2010 at the De Moriaan Community Centre in Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands. Last night we personally received an email from GM Bong confirming that indeed, he will give some of his time (they're hectic ones!) to comment live for the games of Wesley So at Chessdom.
Hi Des,

I wish to inform you that Chessdom and I have cooperated to have a Filipino live commentator at Corus 2010 since my time is very much available on the evenings following the games of Wesley So. I will do my best to be of service to our countrymen. This will be my contribution to our chess community; we all hope that GM Wesley So again succeed in his quest for excellence!

Sincerely,

Bong Villamayor


Wish you all the best of luck GM Bong and we will follow you till the wee hours of the nights. Would like also to send my appreciation to chessbomb for giving this blogger a "VIP seat" at chessbomb live arena. Don't know what to expect from that one, but I'm pretty sure it would be cool.

No comments: