Thursday, April 10, 2008

Amazing Blindfold Chess Tactics















Hi everyone. Check this one out...

I was reviewing some of the games from the recent Melody Amber Tournament. Okay, I'm no big fan of Blindfold chess but what excites me most from this games was on how interesting the matches ended. Surprisingly, almost every games I review ended quite easy to follow even for amateurs or club players. It's all straight forward chess. Check mating the King or winning materials. No fancy and complex strategical positioning (though there some notable exceptions). All in all, the games played in blindfold is not for beginners or amateurs alike to seriously study with. But nevertheless, the recent Amber tournament left me in total awe on how great the memories and visualizations this grandmasters possesed. Here's a nice finished by Alexander Morozevich, playing white against the world champion Viswanathan Anand, playing black. It's white to move and try to solve the position for yourself with eyes wide open on how white saw or should I say figure out, the winning move. This is a quite a difficult one and it's been played blindfold. Wow!

No comments: